Bond Hours Guide
Bond Hour Guidance for 2023 - 2024 Season
Volunteer Requirements and Bond Hours
Bond for all members is $250 per Family or Open Athlete, except Open A for which the bond is $150. Your bond cheque must be delivered to the Treasurer no later than 15th October (Cheques may be left in an envelope in the PRC Dropbox). Cheques will be held by the Treasurer and not cashed unless the bond hour commitment is not met by the end of season.
The requirement for bond hours is as follows:
- Each Family or Open C Athlete is required to complete a minimum of 8 bond hours for the Association by the end of the season.
- Each Open A Athlete is required to complete a minimum of 4 bond hours for the Association by the end of the season.
This season Time Keeping / Score Keeping / Shot Clock hours for regular home games are regarded as normal activities in support of your team and will not count as Association Bond Hours.
Qualifying activities for Bond Hours will include:
- Fundraising activities including Bingo, assisting Elmira Chicken orders and all other activities organized by the Fundraising Director
- Time Keeping / Score Keeping / Shot Clock for St Marys Ringette Tournament 8th - 10th December
- Other Tournament Volunteer Activities - food hall, registration table etc as specified by the Tournament Committee and as recorded on SignUp.com
- Volunteering at SMRA Clinics such as Goalie Clinics if help is needed.
- Volunteering at Regionals Tournament at end of season
The exemptions from Bond Hour requirements are:
- Coaches, Bench Staff and Managers
- Executive Board Members
- Families of Junior Coaches will be exempted from 50% of the bond hours.
We welcome volunteering from high school students in order to obtain volunteer credits, however these hours will not also qualify as Bond Hours.