The SMRA welcomes all Participants to our programs and to experience ringette regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, or disability.
The Association believes that all Participants deserve respectful and inclusive environments for participation that value the Participant’s gender identity and gender expression. The Association wishes to ensure that all participants have access to programming and facilities in which they feel comfortable and safe.
1. To promote, administer and develop the recreational sport of Ringette.
2. To teach fair play and sportsmanship with emphasis on the enhancement of good character and citizenship.
3. To provide entertainment and fun for the participants.
4. To provide competition for all players desiring to participate in the sport of Ringette, giving due consideration to their individual capabilities and interests.
5. To exercise supervision and direction over its members, including the players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators.
6. To ensure that all members have the opportunity of presenting and having their views heard.
7. To provide support and opportunity to players, coaches, officials and administrators to improve their skills.
8. To actively promote, adhere to and support the objectives and policies of the Provincial and National Association for Ringette.