Feb 23 Update from SMRA
Good morning SMRA families!
We have great news! Based on your feedback we received, we have appealed to the Town of St. Marys to put the ice back in at the PRC as soon as possible so that we can run Spring Ice for our players U10-U19. Here is what it will look like:
- 8 week season with ice twice a week, where the first ice session will focus on skills and drills and the second ice session will be dedicated to modified game play.
- Cost will be $25 for dedicated goalies and $225 for all other players.
- Registration opens for SMRA players Wednesday, February 24 and opens for Mitchell and Goderich players Friday, February 26. Registration closes for everyone Sunday, February 28 with payment due following the Town’s decision to put the ice back in. New registrants will be subject to additional fees to cover Ontario Ringette Association insurance.
- Registration per division will be capped at the 24 players, allowing for 6 bench staff and compliance with the PRC maximum on ice of 30 skaters.
- Returning SMRA players will be assigned to 2020-2021 colour groups for Contact Tracing purposes but each division will be a cohort comprised of all SMRA, Mitchell and Goderich players.
- 48 hour attendance confirmation and health checks, along with our other COVID protocols will remain in place.
- Should we return to RED, modified game play will cease and a reduction in ice will occur to meet Ministry protocol. Should we return to GREY/Lockdown, a prorated refund will be offered to non-goalie players.
This program is conditional on:
- Council’s decision to put the ice back in the PRC.
- Minimum of 80 registrants.
Please watch the website www.stmarysringette.ca for the link to registration. Feel free to email me directly if you are interested in coaching or helping to coach in our first Snipers Spring Season.
I’ll be in touch again soon with information about jersey returns, refund cheques and upcoming fundraisers (bottle drive drop off and Elmira chicken).
Hope to see you, from a 2m distance at the rink soon!
Kim Garniss, President
St Marys Ringette Association