I hope this message finds you and your families healthy and safe!
Exciting news on Monday by Premier Ford, that as a Province, the majority of municipalities are moving into Stage 3 on Friday. This, in conjunction with Ringette Canada’s document "National Return to Ringette" and Ringette Ontario's "Return to Ringette Guidelines", both released last week (and found on our website) provides us an optimistic outlook for moving forward. Unfortunately, there are still many unknowns at this time but these announcements are all positive, and we are heading in the right direction!
If you have not had a chance to read the documents, please do so. They are both comprehensive guidelines outlining the process involved in a safe return to play. Both documents also stress working in collaboration with our local Health Authority and Municipal partners as these will ultimately be the deciding factors for returning to the ice. SMRA is working with both to determine what our startup will look like and when that will happen. As soon as we know, you will know.
Today, Wednesday, July 15, Ringette Ontario was going to host a Town Hall discussion regarding the Return to Ringette guidelines, it has been postponed until July 22. It will be carried live on Ringette Ontario’s Facebook Page at 6:00 PM. This would be a great opportunity to hear from the provincial level the hopes for return.
Also, moving forward in anticipation of our upcoming season, we are still looking for coaches or coaches in training. If you have thought about being involved with a team, this may be a great year to start. We are anticipating smaller numbers of players allowed on the ice, therefore, it may be a good opportunity for any new coaching staff to take that leap! If you are interested, please complete a Bench Staff Application form, located on the drop down menu “Coach Player Development” on our homepage.
Finally, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has registered for next season. We currently have 121 participants which is awesome! At our Executive Meeting Monday night, it was decided due to the COVID-19 sudden stop in March, we will provide a refund to non returning players. Our Registrar will be communicating this directly to affected players. Also, all returning registrants that did not enter the COVID-19 discount code when registering, will automatically receive the discount. And finally, there will be no late fees for registration. Moving forward, our committee will still be meeting trying to determine costs for the 2020/2021 season. Unfortunately, until we know the ice schedules, policies, etc., we are still in a wait-and-see scenario.
As always, keep checking our website for future updates.
Well, that is all I have for now. Thank you again for your continued support of St Marys Ringette! If there is anything I can do or answer, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Michael Lynch, President
St Marys Ringette Association