PROVINCIAL A/AA TEAM SELECTION PROCESS
The St Marys Ringette Association will adhere to the following Team Selection Process:
- If the number of ‘home’ or ‘current’ association players that have submitted intents to play at the Provincial level meet the WORL ‘Declaration and Tryout Process’ requirements, the St Marys Ringette Association Board (Board) will determine if it will submit a willing to host form for approval.
- On approval to host a Provincial level team, the Board will ask the Chair of the Coach/Player Development Committee (Committee) to setup tryouts as outlined in the ‘Declaration and Tryout Process’ defined by WORL.
- The Committee, with the Coaches at the division of play being offered, will complete evaluations of the players attending tryouts.
- SMRA does not currently have quotas for local vs. non-SMRA players on A/AA teams; however, the Committee and coaches are encouraged to select/develop local players wherever possible.
- The first two tryouts will be open to all players, any additional tryouts will be by invitation only.
- A fee of $15 will be required by all players attending a tryout - this is to cover ice cost, and is also intended to encourage only those players who are seriously interested in trying out, therefore allowing for better player evaluation.
- Players accepted to a team will be handed an ‘offer to play’ letter as per the WORL ‘Declaration and Tryout Process’.
- Players not accepted will be handed a ‘declined offer to play’ letter as per the WORL ‘Declaration and Tryout Process’.
- The Chair of the Coach/Player Development Committee will provide a report to the Board indicating:
- Name/Association/Age of those trying out for each team
- Results after 1st round of tryouts
- Results after 2nd round of tryouts
- Final list of players - Name/Association/Age